COVID-19: Important information for bookings and stays
Book with Confidence - Updated Services:
In conjunction with our Five-Star Gold rating, Adrift Accommodation is Qualmark COVID Clean Approved.
To provide options to you during this time, we have made some changes to our services:
- "Independent Rate" option available for those that wish to enjoy a more self-contained experience. This does not include breakfast hampers or a daily housekeeping service.
- We are at Level Red in the COVID Protection Framework. We are open to everyone as we are low-risk (Only accommodation that serves food must require vaccination passes) .
- All villas are completely separate and we have no indoor common areas.
- We ask that you please vacate your accommodation during housekeeping service (applicable to Inclusive Rate only). All staff that provide housekeeping service are fully vaccinated.
- Whilst we have always had an impeccable track-record for cleanliness, we have put in place further cleaning and sanitizing plans as guided by the Ministry of Health to ensure the well-being of our guests, our staff, ourselves and our community. We are also giving you the option as part of the booking process for contact-less check-in and check-out so in combination with our "Independent Rate" you can enjoy your holiday while remaining completely self-contained and requiring no personal interaction with our staff if you prefer.
- All customer-facing staff at Adrift are fully vaccinated.
- We ask that you wear a mask at our reception (even though it is outdoors) just to reduce the risk of transmission. If you do not want to wear a mask or are nervous about in-person contact, please choose the "Self-Check-In" option when booking.
If the Omicron variant becomes prevalent in New Zealand or Golden Bay then there will be a temporary change to our services:
Breakfast hamper and housekeeping services will be suspended. Bookings previously made that include these services (Inclusive Rate) will be refunded the difference ($50 per night). In this case, any affected guests will be notified by us prior to their stay.
Cancellation Policy Changes:
Cancellation fee waiver for new 2022 bookings: New direct bookings made after 13th January 2022, for stays before 20th September 2022: No cancellation fee will be charged if any booking is cancelled 48 hours before your stay (for whatever reason) and your booking deposit will also be refunded.
Lock-down Affected Bookings: If any part of New Zealand is required to go into a lock-down over your stay dates, and prevents you from traveling to Golden Bay or requires you to return home early, there will be no cancellation charge and your booking deposit will be refunded. We also reserve the right to cancel bookings if necessary to comply with restrictions imposed or suggested by our government.