We are not currently (September 2021) accepting bookings from overseas-based guests as our borders are closed to visitors from other countries. We expect this to change with our vaccine rollout to possibly allow travel from the end of January 2022. If you are based overseas and interested in staying with us, please contact us and we can let you know when this changes.
Book Direct Discount
To receive the direct booking discount of 10%, click on the green box at the top of the page and enter the code "direct10" BEFORE entering your dates. The discounted rates will then be displayed
Inclusive Rate Includes a daily hamper of fresh breakfast provisions for an English or Continental breakfast. Fresh milk, teas, ground coffee. Daily housekeeping service.
Independent Rate Includes fresh milk, teas, ground coffee. Fresh towels every 2nd day for bookings of 4 nights or longer (or more often on request)
- Select ALL the dates of your intended stay as the price per night may be less for a longer stay
- Not all vacancies can be shown on our booking page, please call us on 03 525 8353 if it is not possible to book on-line
- Prices listed are for 2 people
- You will always find the best prices on this (our own) website
- Prices include tax
- An additional discount of approximately 10% is given on stays of 7 days or longer (discount is reflected in the listed rates if 7 nights or longer are selected)
- Credit card security is assured as we use DPS, a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant payment solution
Golden Bay is a destination with lots of activities to experience for people that enjoy, lots of day walks, arts and crafts or just relaxing. It does take a little more effort to get here and is therefore worthwhile spending a little longer here to enjoy more of what Golden Bay and Adrift has to offer. The most frequent comment from guests at the end of their stay is they wish they had spent longer here!
- Low season: A minimum stay of 2 nights applies during the winter, however we do take a limited number of 1 night stays to fill gaps in our bookings or as last minute bookings Please e-mail or "send an enquiry" if you are unable to make an instant online 2 night booking or last minute 1 night booking
- Peak Season: We are now taking 2 night bookings for most of 2021
- Shoulder seasons: We are now taking 2 night bookings for most dates. If you can't make a booking online, please e-mail us or "send an enquiry". We can then advise you if and when a shorter booking might be possible. We respond to all enquiries, usually within 12 hours
- Our aim is to provide you with a tranquil and relaxed environment. We therefore only accept children 12 years of age and over
- We do not allow dogs or other pets in any of the accommodation. Good kennel facilities are available in Golden Bay for those travelling with pets that wish to stay
- Christmas Day - we do not do any check-ins, check-outs or servicing on Christmas Day. Please also note that travelling in New Zealand on Christmas day can be more difficult; almost all cafes and even most supermarkets and gas stations are closed
- At the moment bookings are possible throughout the winter, except for school holidays, however we do need to close at some stage for maintenance projects. We will attempt to do this during quiet times when we have no forward bookings so please book in lots of time otherwise you may find we have closed for the time you wish to stay.
Terms & Conditions:
- We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee for any total or partial cancellations*. If a cancellation is made prior to 60 days of your arrival date this fee will be a maximum of one nights accommodation for bookings up to 7 nights or for bookings of a total of 8 or more nights this will be a maximum of one third of the total cost of the booking. If a cancellation is made within 60 days of your arrival date a maximum of 100% of the total booking price may be charged. If we are able to partly fill the vacancy left by a cancellation we will only charge a cancellation fee for the nights remaining vacant plus any extra costs incurred in re-booking the accommodation. We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance in case of any unforeseen circumstances, including those travelling domestically
- *Cancellation fee waiver for low season bookings: New direct bookings made after 17th February 2021, for stays before 23rd October 2021. No cancellation fee will be charged if any booking is cancelled 48 hours before your stay and your booking deposit will also be refunded.
- Lock-down Affected Bookings: If any part of New Zealand is required to go into a lock-down over your stay dates, and prevents you from travelling to Golden Bay or requires you to return home early, there will be no cancellation charge and your booking deposit will be refunded. We also reserve the right to cancel bookings if necessary to comply with restrictions imposed or suggested by our government.
- A booking deposit is charged to your credit card at the time of the booking. For bookings up to 7 nights this will be one nights accommodation. For bookings that total 8 or more nights this will be one third of the total cost of the booking. The remaining payment is made at the time of your stay by either Eftpos, Visa, MasterCard or cash. A valid credit card is required at the time of check-in this may be charged to cover the cost of any property damage or excessive cleaning if the room requires this on departure.
- We reserve the right to increase or decrease future prices from those originally posted, but the price given at the time of booking will always be the price that is charged.