Free cancellation on Autumn/Winter 22 bookings: New direct bookings made after 13th January 2022, for stays before 20th September 2022: No cancellation fee will be charged and your booking deposit will be refunded if you need to cancel your reservation (up to 48 hours before your stay).
If you are unable to find accommodation for the dates you require please click here to view our booking calendar.
Book Direct & Long Stay Discounts
To receive the direct booking discount of 10%, click on the grey box at the top of the page and enter the code "direct10" BEFORE entering your dates. The discounted rates will then be displayed. A discount of approximately 10% is given on stays of 7+ nights. This discount is automatically applied as you change the number of nights on your reservation.
Inclusive Rate: Includes a daily hamper of fresh breakfast provisions for an English or Continental breakfast. Daily housekeeping service. Fresh milk, teas, ground coffee.
Independent Rate: Includes fresh milk, teas, ground coffee. Fresh towels provided every 2nd day for bookings of 4 nights or longer (or more often on request). Linen change offered for longer stays
Low season (Winter): A minimum stay of 2 nights applies during the winter; however, we do take a limited number of 1-night stays. Please contact us if you are unable to make an instant online 2-night booking or last minute 1 night booking.
Peak Season (Summer): From 23rd December 2022 - 31st March 2023 there is initially a 4-night minimum unless we have gaps between bookings.
Shoulder seasons (Spring & Autumn): We are now taking 2-night bookings for most dates. If you can't make a booking online, please contact us. We can then advise you if and when a shorter booking might be possible. We respond to all enquiries, usually within 12 hours.
- Our aim is to provide you with a tranquil and relaxed environment. We therefore only accept children 12 years of age and over
- We do not allow dogs or other pets in any of the accommodation. Good kennel facilities are available in Golden Bay for those travelling with pets that wish to stay
- Christmas Day - we do not do any check-ins, check-outs or housekeeping service on Christmas Day. Please also note that travelling in New Zealand on Christmas day can be more difficult; almost all cafes and even most supermarkets and gas stations are closed
- At the moment bookings are possible throughout the winter, except for school holidays, however we do need to close at some stage for maintenance projects. We will attempt to do this during quiet times when we have no forward bookings so, please book in lots of time otherwise you may find we have closed for the time you wish to stay.
Terms & Conditions
- We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee for any total or partial cancellations*. If a cancellation is made prior to 60 days of your arrival date: this fee will be a maximum of one night's accommodation for bookings up to 7 nights. For bookings that total 8 or more nights this will be a maximum of one third of the total cost of the booking. If a cancellation is made within 60 days of your arrival date: a maximum of 100% of the total booking price may be charged. If we are able to partly fill the vacancy left by a cancellation, we will only charge a cancellation fee for the nights remaining vacant plus any extra costs incurred in re-booking the accommodation. We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance in case of any unforeseen circumstances, including those travelling domestically *Cancellation fee waiver for low-season 2022 bookings: New direct bookings made after 13th January 2022, for stays before 20th September 2022: No cancellation fee will be charged if any booking is cancelled 48 hours before your stay (for whatever reason) and your booking deposit will also be refunded.
- A booking deposit is charged to your credit card at the time of the booking. For bookings up to 7 nights this will be one night's accommodation. For bookings that total 8 or more nights this will be one third of the total cost of the booking. The remaining payment is made at the time of your stay by either Eftpos, Visa, MasterCard or cash. A valid credit card is required at the time of check-in this may be charged to cover the cost of any property damage or excessive cleaning if the room requires this on departure.
- We reserve the right to increase or decrease future prices from those originally posted, but the price given at the time of booking will always be the price that is charged.